Seventh International Conference on Engineering Failure Analysis
3 - 6 July 2016 | The Westin Hotel Leipzig, Germany
Engineering failure analysis is a key tool for the improvement of the modern innovation cycle now demands that component design involves a whole-of-life approach, incorporating an awareness of manufacture, safety, reliability, environmental sensitivity and disposal. This has focused attention on the pivotal role of failure analysis as an essential tool to improve equipment availability, help prevent accidents and disasters and to inform the processes of design, manufacture, operation and maintenance of key plant and equipment.
The strengths of past conferences have been the emphasis on practical application of technical knowledge to engineering failure analysis and the extensive use of case studies to the development of an understanding of engineering failures. The case study approach is strongly encouraged as an important mechanism for developing a body of knowledge well rooted in practical experience.
Attendance at this conference will enable you to:
- Access unique, high-quality content
- Hear, meet and learn from internationally renowned researchers in the fast-moving and dynamic field of failure analysis and prevention
- Appreciate the state-of-the-art in engineering failure analysis and prevention and anticipate future directions.
- Profit from the inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary character of the conference: hear world class speakers and leading researchers on all aspects of engineering failure analysis and prevention from the fields of mechanical, manufacturing, aeronautical, civil, chemical, corrosion and design engineering
- Be part of new developments by presenting your latest research.
- Network with an interdisciplinary group – including researchers from all fields related to engineering failure analysis
- Engineering failure modes for metallic and non-metallic engineering materials
- Approaches to failure analysis
- Role of service loading in failure analysis
- Case studies of failures in industry sectors such as aerospace, marine and offshore, automotive, rail, power generation, mining and minerals, consumer goods, medical devices and others
- Historical disasters
- Structural and architectural failures
- Failure analysis and joining technologies
- Role of condition monitoring and NDT in failure avoidance
- Failure analysis, maintenance and reliability
- Role of failure analysis in the design process
- Legal matters, ethical issues and insurance in the failure analysis industry
- Training and accreditation in failure analysis research and industry
Click to download apps
- Benjamin Fultz, Bechtel Corporation, USA
- Ulrich Lohbauer, University of Erlangen-Nuernberg, Germany
- Richard Clegg, Australia
- Christian Klinger, BAM, Germany
- Uwe Zerbst, BAM, Germany
- Dirk Bettge, BAM, Germany